|(Depiction of said Platypus)|
What is Platypus?
It's the best HTML5 Game Engine in the entire Internet! Mainly because its namesake is a duck-billed, egg-laying, beaver-tailed, venomous mammal. It also has a lot of other great features:
- Works across both mobile and desktop browsers.
- Simple, JSON-based configuration.
- Component-based development to encourage re-usable game logic.
- Uses CreateJS as a foundation for preloading, animating, and audio.
- Uses Tiled for easy level creation.
- Compiler supports AppCache manifest creation, PNG optimization, JS and CSS compression, and multiple builds.
- Most importantly; it makes some awesome games! We have a few more coming down the pipe, but check out our first release using Platypus: Monkey Mayhem! (Yes, we love animals. They're cool.)
|An entire RAINFOREST running on Platypus|
Where can I find it?
The folks at PBS Kids have set up the entire project on Github here: http://github.com/PBS-KIDS/Platypus
Todd and I, as well as the PBS Kids team, are eager to hear you feedback and make the engine better. If you decide to try it out, we would love to hear about your experience and check out what you make!